Monday 6 December 2010

Cold Dream in a Cold House.

I had a strange and persistent dream last night. A voice kept telling me:

‘You’re doing this all wrong. You keep on learning things. If only you’d empty your mind of everything you’ve ever known, you would start getting somewhere.’

It didn’t tell me how to do it.

On a more mundane note, the temperature here last night was around -14C (6.8F) I have a night storage heater in my office set to maximum input, so the room would have been getting heated all night. And yet when I opened the curtains this morning, there was ice on the inside of the windows even in here. Never seen that before.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

If you were going to a Jungian analyst, the "house" represents a part of ourselves. What's leaving you cold besides the weather? And where do you need the heat to warm you up esp. during the Winter? just my two cents ;)

JJ said...

The house wasn't in the dream though, Wendy. The ice was real. As for the general question, I don't know. In my heart, maybe? My level of general compassion is much better these days, but I have difficulty with individuals.