Monday 21 March 2022

Springing.

Today was an uncharacteristically good day (by standards known only to me.) When I went for my walk this morning I felt something almost approximating to a spring in my step (you might find it hard to believe just how rare a sensation that is these days.) The landscape looked alive for the first time since last September, and I could feel nature’s life in the air. It seemed as though today was truly the first day of spring, and this time it meant business.

Mel told me she felt the same way yesterday. Must be something to do with the equinox I expect. The days are now longer than the nights, and will remain so for six months.

On the way back I heard my name called and turned to see the Lady B’s Dear Mama with the two venerable canine companions. I got to pet my favourite cocker spaniel for the second time in just over a week, which was another treat I haven’t had for a long time. Her friend, Honourable Sister’s dog, barked at me as she usually does. Seems you really can’t have everything in this life, but enough is enough.

No comments: