Wednesday 5 January 2022

Three Disparate Notes...

…that are not entirely unconnected.

I’m in no mood for writing posts at the moment for reasons too tedious to explain, and yet I feel the need to write something to relieve my own tedium. So here goes with apologies:

I saw T88 in one of the parent-and-child bays in Sainsbury’s car park today. I remembered that the last time I saw T88 parked there was well over a year ago, and that it was notable for the fact that it was the only time I ever saw the Lady B’s legs. It was warm, you see, and she was wearing shorts.

It was brought to my attention today that one effect of becoming a recluse is that it greatly heightens your awareness of every little circumstance in your immediate environment. This includes having unwanted noise feeling like being repeatedly hit on the head with a mallet, and finding every little malfunction a sure sign that the bedrock of your life is crumbling irreversibly to dust.

It also occurred to me today that the fish which slip the hook and evade capture are always fatter than those you manage to bring onto the bank.

No comments: