Wednesday 19 January 2022

Catching Up.

Since I haven’t made a post for nearly a week I thought I’d recount all the interesting things that I might have written about if I’d been in the mood to write.

1. I saw the Lady B today. She didn’t look well. She waved but didn’t smile, which I’ve never known her do before.

2. I gather something is seriously upsetting the priestess, but I’m not exactly sure what. I think she’s realising that emotion can be stronger than logic when the fire of attraction drives.

3. Yesterday I declined a doctor’s recommendation to start two more medications. That makes four I’ve refused now. Will I regret it? Time will tell, even if I’ll be too dead to find out.

4. The application of experience and logic has led me to the conclusion that, if certain conditions apply, feeding the garden birds in the winter can lead to more deaths from the cold than would otherwise be the case. Maybe I’ll expand on that another time.

5. On the subject of birds, I have a hen pheasant which comes into my garden and exhibits a strange form of behaviour. When she’s walking slowly around pecking for food, she stops suddenly every so often, drops her head to the ground, and takes three or four steps back. I suspect she has mental health issues.

6. I’ve been eating a lot of spinach lately because I thought it was a healthy thing to do. Yesterday I discovered that spinach contains an ingredient which promotes clotting of the blood, thus at least partially negating the efficacy of blood thinning medication (which I’m taking.) You really can’t win in this life, can you?

7. Blogger stats informs me that I’ve had far fewer visits in the past forty eight hours than at any time during the twelve years (almost to the day) that my little opus has been going (even when I’ve gone a whole month without posting.) I’m guessing that there’s either something wrong with the system somewhere, or I’ve become just another piece of rocky flotsam floating unseen through cyberspace.

8. I watched the film I Origins again last night (I did mention it a couple of years ago for those with long memories.) I enjoyed it more the second time around. The denouement is predictable, but it’s nicely done and quite moving. I’m now prepared to recommend it.

9. Remember my undertaking to try to gain some modicum of proficiency in the matter of playing chess? My current score against the computer at level 1 is: won 1, drawn 1, lost 22. The question must now be addressed: should I persevere or accept that I’m just too much of a nice guy to be a chess player? I think I’ll persevere for at least a little while longer. I said on this blog a long time ago that when things get difficult I’m the first person to want to give up and the last to actually do so. Why change the habit of a lifetime?

No comments: