Thursday 8 March 2018

A Couple of Revelations.

I rang the consultant’s secretary today in response her attempts to ‘sort out an appointment.’ She explained the reason for using the misleading term ‘appointment’ (it’s to do with patient confidentiality rules, apparently) and now the pendulum of speculation has swung slightly back to the positive side. There remains an issue to be settled, however, and she undertook to address it. At the moment I’m provisionally booked in for the kidney op in a couple of weeks.

Today’s more telling revelation was finally discovering what the word ‘jumbuck’ means. I’ve always known that it was an Aussie colloquialism for something, probably an animal, but never got around to finding out what. Today – spurred by the possibility that I might soon have urgent cause to want to die happy – I did. It’s a sheep.

How on earth am I going to cope with being incarcerated in a hospital bed unable to write nuggets like this?

No comments: