Tuesday 3 June 2014

Being a Slob (Apparently.)

I went to Derby for coffee with Mel today, and got told off (again) for buying a vegetable pasty from Greggs. Well, what am I supposed to do? I went to the butty shop next door but the only vegetarian option they had was cheese and salad. How often do I have cheese? Five times a day? OK, exaggeration, but you know what I mean.

'What have you got against Greggs?' I asked her.

'Rubbish food!' she replied with not a hint of uncertainty.

So then she borrowed £10 off me to go and buy sundry bags of nuts, apricots and other diddly things from the nut stall in the market. Very noble…

*  *  *

And I nearly met a Jean Butler lookalike. Same red hair, same pale skin with a few freckles, same shape, same soft prettiness with just a hint of potential fire… But she didn’t make eye contact, so I couldn’t say ‘Nice hair.’  Close shave, that one.

No comments: