Thursday 10 November 2022

Snakes and Ladders.

I spent another two hours on the phone to British Telecom today, trying to get something done about the problem of my dysfunctional phone line (which also carries my currently agonisingly slow broadband connection.) I soon grew dangerously close to seething point again, until I finally managed to talk to somebody in ‘tech.’ (It appears you have to submit to having burning matches pushed down your fingernails in order to speak to somebody in ‘tech.’)

Matters took a turn for the better. The man from ‘tech’ was intelligent and accommodating, and eventually came up with a plan to get the matter sorted once and for all. I was mightily pleased; my mood lightened and I felt that the negative energies might be reversing at last. Fifteen minutes later I received an email from BT sending me back to square one and even further. The tech man’s plans had been overruled by admin people and they’ve now got something else wrong. BT sucks big time, and that’s how life is.

*  *  *

Having little to amuse me during the increasingly long hours of darkness, I’ve been scouring the charity shops for DVDs which I might find at least tolerable. Mostly I’ve been unsuccessful, but yesterday I discovered a handsomely-presented boxed set of Season Four of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I only saw oddments from Buffy when it was shown on the TV, but I know of its reputation for lightweight cult status so I bought the box. Tonight I watched the first episode and have only one thing to say so far: I prefer the redhead.

No comments: