Monday 28 November 2022

Birthday Update.

Just in case anybody’s wondering, I didn’t die before midnight so I opened the card and present – a pack of three miniature scotches and a box of vegan truffles. They’re extremely yummy and don’t have any palm oil in them (which is a good thing, apparently.)

And this morning I got a wave from the Lady B’s dear mama. And then I saw a big horse galloping madly around dear mama’s field, which is always a fine sight but on this occasion entirely unexpected because I’ve never seen a horse that big in dear mama’s field before. There was also an unfamiliar Shetland pony in evidence, so now I’m intrigued.

This is really interesting, isn’t it, but that’s about it for my birthday news so far. Apart from the fact that the weather today was just how I remember it being on my birthdays as a child – cool, calm, dull, and misty. It brought back memories. (And I really must get off this ‘when I was a kid’ thing because it’s irritating me.)

The only other notable fact to report today is that in Episode One of Season 5 of Buffy (the one in which she defeats Count Dracula) she looks pregnant. I have an eye for that kind of thing and am rarely wrong. I remember that day in April 2018… but I won’t go on.

No comments: