Tuesday 15 November 2022

More Rambles Before Midnight.

I watched the second half of Prometheus tonight and realised by the end that it wasn’t effectively a remake of Alien as I’d previously thought. I’m sure it was intended to be a prequel. I suppose I could look it up for confirmation, but I can’t be bothered. I find that sort of film entertaining enough to be worth watching but it doesn’t go deep enough to be worth dwelling on 

*  *  *

I thought of something funny to say earlier, and you know what? I can’t for the life of me remember what it was. Nothing new there then.

*  *  *

When I was driving to the doc’s this morning I hit a bird. It flew out of a wood and struck the car so quickly that I didn’t have time to react and brake. That bothered me a lot, but I looked in the rear view mirror and saw it flying away apparently uninjured. I’m pretty sure it was a sparrow hawk, and that left me with a question:

Should I be glad that I didn’t kill the hawk, or should I consider the fact that it will now kill other small birds? Where should the balance of considerations take me on this road we call life? The last thing I want to do is play God. 

No comments: