Thursday 3 March 2022

Two More Incongruous Notes.

This week there has been an American comic called Sara Barron on virtually the only TV programme I watch. I liked her accent, so I looked her up. Seems she hails from Chicago, which presumably means I like the Chicago accent. Isn’t it odd how you can find little things to like in this bloody awful world? Seems the god of small things is still riding shotgun for me.

*  *  *

I had an email from the land agent last week telling me that I owed £60 on my rent account and would I please pay it. The problem was that she didn’t tell me why I owed them £60, so I queried it in somewhat direct terms. Yesterday I received another email, this time from the accounts department, offering the explanation. Not wishing to stray into the boring details, let it suffice to say that I thought it unreasonable so I asked them to write the debt off. Today I had another email from the accounts department telling me it had been written off. My reply included: ‘May your karma be ever in credit.’ It seemed apposite.

No comments: