Tuesday 8 March 2022

On Corporations and Cockapoos.

Having just won my minor skirmish with the land agent, I now have a battle of slightly more magnitude to fight against E.ON Next, my energy supplier. They’re happy to tell me that my energy bills are to rise by a staggering 40% from next month, but they’ve gone suspiciously quiet on the matter of paying me an allowance to which I’m clearly entitled. The corporate world is becoming enemy number one these days, what with its self-serving interests, its campaign to seize greater and greater control of the way in which the culture functions, and its persistently faulty computer programs adding further stresses to an increasingly stressful life. I wonder whether Mr Putin has any connection with it.
 
But I did get assaulted most affectionately by a cockapoo today, and returned its good favour with much gratitude and enthusiasm. And I was understandably relieved that its accompanying human showed no similar inclination. This is a cockapoo:
 

No comments: