Sunday 17 October 2021

Reduced to Rice Cakes.

I always get the munchies late at night, but my current catalogue of health issues has persuaded me to avoid my usual favoured comestibles which have a high fat and/or salt content and reach instead for things called:
Organic Rice Cakes
Lightly Salted

I swear they’re made of wood chippings held together with edible glue. They’re vaguely redolent of cardboard and taste of hardly anything but a hint of salt. They’re nothing like what I used to indulge my late night fancy with when I was a strapping young chap just home from carrying heavy amps around after a gig by my then wife’s rock band. I could easily and enthusiastically devour two large portions of fried fish and chips in those days (mine and the one the bassist decided he didn’t want, and it being around 2 o’clock in the morning and me having to be up for work tomorrow.)

How times change, and now I’m come to this and it probably serves me right.

(And still I’m telling myself that life is just a game and it really doesn’t matter.)

No comments: