Tuesday 15 September 2020

Salome's Solution.

I see Donald’s at it again. ‘Trust me,’ he says after viewing the devastation caused by the fires in the western states. ‘It will get cooler. Science doesn’t understand climate.’ And he does, apparently.

Trump is 74. He’s coming to the end of his life. And yet he’s prepared to put the future at risk for all those millions of young people – not just in America but around the world because climate doesn’t respect national boundaries – and for what? To give vent to his irrational whims and maintain his outdated belief in the financial benefits of fossil fuels.

If I were a young person who still had a future to navigate, I don’t think I’d be very pleased with Donald. In fact, I think I’d want to emulate the dancing girl and demand that the head of Donald the Dunderhead be brought to me on a plate.

No comments: