Monday 21 September 2020

Having an Odd Mind.

I was pouring my first scotch tonight when the following words arrived in my head fully formed:

You will come to us on Monday
For your weekly dose of pain
Then on Saturday and Sunday
You can all go home again

Where did that come from, and what does it mean? I suppose it's about being a wage slave, but I don't know because I didn't write it.

And then I jumped straight from that to considering the question of whether the term 'hottie' is truly sexist. I suppose it probably is, but I have a problem because my perception of a 'hottie' has always been a little different from most men's.

But I do, at least, know where that thought came from. It came from watching the leader of a Polish youth orchestra playing the medley from Pirates of the Caribbean. She had her hair pulled back and arranged in an immaculate plait which ran down the back of her head, hugging the contours rather than just hanging there. To somebody like me, that makes her a hottie.

Note:

This post was written at ten to two in the morning of the 16th September. I assume I saved it in draft because it was getting close to bed time and was unfinished. And then I forgot all about it. It's still unfinished. Hope you don't mind.

No comments: