Sunday 19 April 2020

Quoting Carlin.

After all these years I suddenly discovered George Carlin today. I disagree quite strongly with a few of the things he said, but most of them sit well with me and his mind seemed to work rather like mine* so I must forgive the few that don’t.

* Israeli murderers are called commandos. Palestinian commandos are called terrorists. Me to a T.

And I approved of his view on feminist political correctness going too far. ‘Chairperson’ and ‘humankind’ he’s happy with, but asks whether a lady’s man must now be called ‘a person’s person.’ And I found this particularly amusing:

If you take five white guys and put 'em with five black guys, and let 'em hang around together for about a month, and at the end of the month, you'll notice that the white guys are walking and talking and standing like the black guys do. You'll never see the black guys going, "Oh, golly! We won the big game today, yes sir!" But you'll see guys with red hair named Duffy going, "What's happenin'?"

*  *  *

And do you know what? I made a perfectly reasonable comment on a YouTube video last night, and somebody replied: ‘Shut up jew (sic.)’ There was nothing remotely suggestive of Jewish ethnicity or Judaic religious sentiment in my comment, so I must reply back and ask him what sort of childhood he had.

No comments: