Wednesday 23 June 2010

Flaggy Thing Brief.

Two little points about my flaggy thing:

The US and Canadian flags provide a flyout which gives a breakdown of visitors by state and province respectively. But now the same + symbol has appeared next to a load of other countries, so I had a look. They give a message which says, for example, ‘Collect 22 Brazilian flags when you upgrade to Flag Counter Pro!’ How can you ‘collect’ 22 flags? Does this mean that a bunch of black-suited employees of the said flaggy thing company will scour the streets of Rio and force twenty two unsuspecting innocents to read my blog? Or could it be the most pointless and pathetic attempt ever to persuade me to upgrade to something I have to pay for? And my vote is...

The third most prolific visitor is India. India fascinates me. It would be so nice if Mr, Mrs, Miss or Ms India would talk to me. But then, mysteries are nice too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I'm no longer desolate and go away with a mental image of men in black scouring the streets of Rio, your blog in hand. It's a happy image. Are you ready with your mad piece for Saturday at the other locale? Enjoy the evening – here it's a big deal because Germany is playing Ghana in the World Championship Whatever (lots of horn-tooting, flag waving and other nationalist nonsense in the streets that I don't see has anything to do with football).

JJ said...

Della, dear (I think that should have been Dear Della, but never mind.) Yes, I will post as promised.

Confession. When I lived in the city I used to hope that England would get knocked out early, just to get the lunatics off the streets. Don't forget, English football lunatics are famed for being the worst in the world. England beat Slovenia today to go through. Oh dear. It isn't so bad in the country, though.

Anonymous said...

The third most prolific visitor barely merits your fascination. Miss, en passante.

JJ said...

Good heavens. What a concise and sophisticated comment. How delightfully mysterious. Well, whoever you are, you're more than welcome. Many thanks.