Thursday 15 February 2024

On Stats and Synchronicity.

I looked at my Blogger stats page earlier today and it gave the number of page views up to that point as 777. When I looked again they had increased to 888. Later again, the total was 1111. And after I’d made the last post I took a look and the figure had increased to 1146. Next to it on the page was the total for yesterday which was also 1146.

So there we have 777, 888, 1111, and 1146:1146.

Just lately, YouTube keeps throwing videos at me explaining Carl Jung’s theory on synchronicity. Jung was adamant that these apparent coincidences are deeply meaningful in the prosecution of life. I’ve also read before that the coincidence of numbers, particularly in sequence, is especially noteworthy and shouldn’t be ignored.

Is this all nonsense? Was the great Carl Jung wrong? If not, what should I make of today’s coincidences? I wish I knew. And further, I wish I knew whether it matters or not.

No comments: