Saturday 3 February 2024

Being the Invisible Man.

In a recent post I referred to the einzelgänger – the sort of person often called a lone wolf, or who is simply a loner by nature. When I first heard about this it was pointed out that the einzelgänger has the unconscious attribute of being effectively invisible in a group of people, and that suits me.

I was washing the car yesterday, quite close to the gate that leads onto the lane, and walking up the lane were the Lady B’s Dear Mama, Honourable Sister, and Oscar the dog. I stopped what I was doing and waited for them to reach the gate so I could offer a greeting. This is something I rarely do, but I make an exception in the case of the Lady B’s family because I like them. Eventually they reached the gate and walked on. None of them noticed me, so maybe what they say about the einzelgänger being invisible is true. I should be pleased, shouldn’t I? And so I am.

No comments: