Thursday 25 January 2024

Treats and Trials.

Today’s treat was having a proper conversation with a highly esteemed person with whom I haven’t had a proper conversation for about three years. I decline to say who it was but I might add that she’s been no stranger to this blog since I began it fourteen years ago. And she hadn’t changed a bit – same commendable lack of make-up and all the lovelier for it; same richest raven hair which gave genesis to my favourite ditty (although as far as I’m aware, she never did tie it up with a black velvet band. That was the Irish in my ancestral line coming out.)

*  *  *

I set myself five jobs this afternoon and did all of them. That’s unusual.

*  *  *

The bluebottle count in my house rose to seven today (see previous post.) Where are they coming from? In January?

*  *  *

My hairdressing appointment was cancelled and I’m beginning to resemble Worzel Gummidge again. Maybe that’s what’s attracting the bluebottles.

*  *  *

Off to grab another fifty minutes of A Passage to India now. I also have two new books to read. Such an embarrassment of riches to keep me entertained. I worry I might start wandering around in circles wracked with indecision, and be like the Buddhist goat that died of starvation because it couldn’t decide which pile of food to eat.

No comments: