Wednesday 17 August 2022

Rare Treats.

I had my monthly treat this evening. The Lady B’s dear mama smiled and waved as she drove past me on the lane. It happens about once a month on average, and usually finds its way onto the blog because it’s about the only treat I get these days.

I suppose the rain was a sort of treat. It did rain today – not a lot, but it was real water falling from the sky. The windscreen wipers grumbled a bit at having to wake up after weeks of quiet repose, but they performed well enough in the circumstances.

The garden, on the other hand, was not quite so accommodating. As I walked up the path I heard little voices raised in unison: ‘Call that rain, do you, because we don’t. I suppose you’re going to use it as an excuse for not watering us tonight.’

Did I feel guilty and hang my head in shame? I did.

No comments: