All my life I've been led to the belief that in order to see the aurora borealis it is necessary to travel to somewhere close to or north of the Arctic circle. And yet over the past few years there have been several features in the BBC news telling us where and when is best to view the aurora from the UK, even in southern parts of the country.
This naturally leads to the suspicion that something has changed. Is that true? If it is, why have I seen nothing to explain what has changed, why it has changed, and whether further implications might be involved.
Meanwhile, it appears that I must be settled and bend up each corporal agent to the fact that, given the few years I presume are left to me, the chances of seeing the aurora are greater than the likelihood of ever tasting baked Alaska. (And there goes dear Will having something to say about nearly everything as usual.)

No comments:
Post a Comment