Saturday 31 August 2024

August Finale.

So here we are with less than two hours of August to go and I have nothing to make a post about. No mysterious happenings, no interesting encounters, no accidents involving ladders, no epiphanies, nothing. As Albert and his parents were wont to complain on their day trip to Blackpool …there were no wrecks and nobody drownded, in fact nothing to laugh at at all.

The missing people are a large part of the problem. People used to provide the odd amusing, informative, or inspirational anecdote, but there’s no longer anybody in the Shire to capture my interest, and so I observe the proper pleasantries when necessary and then move on. Nobody ever says ‘come closer so I can hear you better’ since the brightest of all the stars went out.

These days I commune only with cows, horses, dogs, and donkeys. Today it was the turn of the donkeys in Meadow Lane. They approached me and received some handfuls of fresh hay and a few minutes of ear scratching in return.

And that’s about it for August. Nostromo out.

No comments: