Sunday 22 October 2023

Perusing an Unpalatable Possibility.

No long or ranting post tonight because this evening has been almost exclusively given over to the Rugby World Cup semi-final and Shirley Jackson's Hangsaman. I will, however, offer a brief note which is of interest to me, if not to anyone else.

During a brief interlude in this evening’s entertainment I counted the number of pictures hanging on the interior walls of my house. There were forty six. That, in itself, is unremarkable. What I found interesting was the fact that every one of them is in a rectangular frame. There is not a single round or elliptical frame anywhere.

I considered what this might say about me, and decided after much consideration that it was probably something to which I would not care to admit.

No comments: