Friday 2 June 2023

The Good, the Bad, and the Sweet Lady Pittie.

Blood test today – long story, but let’s just say that I await the call to be informed of the results. I was unusually nervous about today’s blood test, but I’m aware of the way the wind is blowing and I’m waiting to see what the writing on the wall says when it finally becomes clear.  That was the difficult bit about today, but here’s the nice bit:

I went into a charity shop while I was in Ashbourne and found a thick winter shirt – heavy, well-lined, looking more or less new, and just my size – for the princely sum of £5. I estimate that such a shirt would cost in the region of £40 if bought new from an outdoor activities shop. I decided to buy it even though my faith in the future is no better than circumspect at the moment. I reasoned that if I am still here next winter, the shirt certainly wouldn’t be and £5 seemed a paltry sum to risk in the circumstances.

It got better…

While I was perusing the shirts I became aware of a movement nearby. There was a lovely lady pittie, ears back, smiling hopefully, and edging respectfully towards me to make my acquaintance. Acquaintance was duly achieved and a good time was had by all. The god of small things comes in many guises, and a smiling lady pittie is one them.

No comments: