Monday 5 June 2023

A Mind in Transit.

After I’d given Millie the Horse some pieces of raw carrot over the fence bordering the village school this evening (because her human doesn’t like me going into the field bearing treats for reasons I’ve already explained in an earlier post), I turned to leave and became suddenly aware of all the disparate elements combining to form material reality as we perceive it. And I mean hyper-aware.

I saw the grass, the animals, the fence posts, the bricks of which the school is built, the grey gravel on the car park, the black tarmac on the lane, the leaves on the trees, and everything else in my field of vision as though I’d never seen them before. It looked all so clear, so complex, and had a feel of the manufactured about it.

So let’s consider the possibilities here:

1. My consciousness is evolving to a higher level.
2. My mind is regressing to a lower level.
3. The Panini roll I had with my home made soup for dinner had traces of LSD in it, put there by some mischievous person at the bakery because people do so like to play practical jokes.

I would accept any of the above, but please don’t tell me I’m becoming a poet.

No comments: