Tuesday 20 December 2022

On a Witch and a Wave.

I’m getting well through Buffy now, and my word it’s turning dark. And I’m wondering why they didn’t change the name of the show from Buffy the Vampire Slayer (which is slightly silly) to Willow the Witch with all the benefit of alliteration thus endowed.

Dear sweet and well balanced Willow is now a very powerful witch with a dark side wondrous to behold. And when she flips from sweet to dark, her hair turns black. I seem to recall the same thing happening to Lucy’s blonde curls in Dracula after she’d flipped from being living to being undead. Maybe this is the good old universe giving me the benefit of its wisdom again: beware dark haired women. I doubt I’ll remember.

Anya, on the other hand, continues to grow more gorgeous by the season. Pity about the spelling.

And talking of dark haired women, I was waved at by the Lady B’s dear mama again today. (Dear mama doesn’t have dark hair but her youngest daughter does.) I still wonder why she does that. I mean, here am I, a nondescript little person living a quiet (and mostly inoffensive) life in his own little world and showing no aspiration to connect with anybody, and I get waved at. Why should I be considered worth a wave? I suppose it’s just habit, or politeness, or something like that.

No comments: