Thursday 15 December 2022

Kindness and the INFJ.

Somebody once told me that I was kind. I rejected the notion then and I reject it even more firmly now. And my reason for saying so is in no way self-deprecating, and certainly not sanctimonious by proxy. The way I see it is this 

Kindness should not be recognised as a notable quality; rather it should be a natural and universal component of human disposition. We should take it for granted, since we regard ourselves – probably correctly in my view – as being the singularly superior species among those which walk the earth. Only the lack of kindness should be notable.

So when I’m told that I’m kind, I have to search the memory banks to find examples of times when I displayed the opposite characteristic. (And there have been many.) Only then can I arrive at a sense of balance, and we INFJs do so need balance.

No comments: