Monday 9 August 2021

On Shame, Slovenia and Synchronicity.

I suppose I’d better write some sort of a blog post. Indonesia is looking impatient.

So what should I write about, since nothing much happened today? Well, there was hint of synchronicity in the mail this morning. It’s not exactly ground-breaking stuff, but it will have to do for now. I had a postcard from Slovenia.

The priestess is in Slovenia at the moment, and yesterday she sent me an email from there. I’m awash with shame at having to admit that I wasn’t exactly sure where Slovenia was and had to Google it. I knew it was somewhere in central Europe, and I knew it was south of Slovakia, but I didn’t know that it had a coastline on the Mediterranean or a border with Italy. Well, I do now so I can stop being ashamed, can’t I? I can.

The thing is, though, there was a postcard in my mailbox this morning from somebody entirely unconnected with the priestess. She was my manager when I was still doing some work at the theatre. She lives in the Czech Republic, where she came from before I knew her, and travels all over Europe with her family. She sends me postcards from everywhere she goes, and the latest one was from Slovenia. And here’s the best bit:

In her email, the priestess referred to the fact that she was currently sitting on a grassy bank ‘very like the one in the photograph’, only she’d omitted to attach said photograph. Blow me if one of the thumbnail pictures on the postcard wasn’t a picture of a grassy bank. I can’t say that this added greatly to my knowledge of world geography, but at least it kept the synchronicity smouldering nicely. I have to admit that one grassy bank looks very much like another, but at least I can now say that Slovenian grassy banks follow the trend most admirably.

No comments: