Wednesday 7 July 2021

Some Random Catching Up.

A little over three years ago I quoted a line from Mr Wallander Snr, the father of Wallander Jr, main protagonist of the Swedish cop drama Wallander.

(I got a curious string of visits from Sweden over a period of two hours last night, by the way, and I can’t make any sense of it. And did you know that they still worship Bacchus in Sweden? The priestess appears to be its latest convert. You wouldn’t think there’d be such a thing as a Born Again Bacchanalian, would you?)

Anyway, the line ran: You should stop and sit, but find somebody to sit with you. You can’t do it on your own. Nobody can.

I’m beginning to think he might have been right, but where does somebody like me look for the right person to sit with? The only two people I know who might fit the bill are both too far away (physically in one case and mentally in the other) and are otherwise engaged.

And I came across something two nights ago which suggested that acupuncture might be of some benefit in re-aligning my energy flow. (I really do need my energy flow re-aligning, you know. I do.) But where does one look for a trustworthy acupuncturist? Needle fetishists won’t do; I need my flow opening up, not my nose pierced. And how much do acupuncturists charge anyway, even if you do manage to find one?

But I did engage with a nice lady from Romania – currently domiciled in the UK – on YouTube last night. You have to give credit to a woman who is still awake and answering your comments at one o’clock in the morning, don’t you? She had a good presence. All but one of the Romanians I’ve encountered so far in my life have.

And I would like to offer sincere condolences to the people of Denmark tonight. I’m given to understand that they lost a football match earlier.

No comments: