Sunday 19 May 2024

Bs Everywhere, Almost.

The buttercups are blooming in the hay meadows.

The bounteous sun is bestowing its beneficence, helping May to be the merriest month of ballad and fable.

I saw the first elder blossom of the season this evening, and elder is a primary barometer of summer. When the white elder blooms it’s a sign that summer has started. When the black berries begin to wrinkle and fall, you know that summer has reached its end.

And also this evening I saw a lamb bouncing across a field – all four legs off the ground at the same time. Bounce, bounce, bounce he went. Cuteness personified (in a manner of speaking.) I expect he answers to Zebedee.

Soon be Mistress Mary’s 6th birthday. The connection with ‘B’ may remain my secret because I like secrets. I wonder whether she’ll have a party. If so, I’m sure I won’t be invited. She doesn’t know me, you see – which I consider a shame – but then, I don’t like jelly very much anyway.

No comments: