Tuesday 31 May 2022

A Rare and Refreshing Surprise.

I did something yesterday which I haven’t done for quite a long time: I painted a door frame while having an album of Beethoven piano sonatas playing quietly in the background. It was surprisingly relaxing, or maybe it’s not so surprising really. (Finding something relaxing is a rare occurrence these days because I’m pretty jaded, so that’s why I was surprised.)

The last time I had such an experience was around eight or nine years ago. On that occasion I painted a window frame in the summer sunshine with one of my favourite Vaughan Williams symphonies playing. I remember writing about it on the blog so it must have been noteworthy on that occasion, too. Life has changed a lot since then, in one way for the better but in most ways for the worse. And that’s how life is and one day it stops.

No comments: