Monday 13 September 2021

Taking Life Seriously.

I had this video recommended to me recently and I can’t stop watching it:
 

And now the latest question to which I don’t have an answer is: Do I take life too seriously?

I thought about it a lot, and realised that before you can answer that question, you have to answer another one: What does taking life seriously mean?

I thought about it some more, and it soon became apparent that the second question is probably unanswerable. I became lost in a veritable forest of considerations depending on the angle from which you approach it. In the end I gave up after settling on one thought:

People who don’t take life seriously in any way never preach. They might comment – probably frequently – but they don’t preach. That’s the position to which I’ve been aspiring for several years now, and I think the position is very well established. So maybe that answers the first question. Then again, I’m not at all sure that it does…

No comments: