Sunday 26 September 2021

Opposing Views.

I was watching a shuffle dance video on YouTube tonight, and it occurred to me that if I were to copy it to a DVD and smuggle the article into Afghanistan, I would no doubt be subjected to summary execution by the most horrific means available. And that made me wonder…

Are shuffle dance videos – being largely composed of nubile young women cavorting in skimpy attire and often backed by glitzy settings – an example of the superficiality and decadence to which the western world is largely committed, or are they an expression of healthy creative abandon?

I have sympathy with both views, but I prefer to side with the latter because I like seeing young female legs being gaily cast about while still being attached to their physical host. I can't decide whether that's a weakness or not.

No comments: