Sunday 25 July 2021

Today's Grumble.

I’m going off YouTube because of its increasing habit of forcing turgid, disingenuous, childishly overcooked right wing propaganda videos down my throat by way of recommendations. So I thought I’d mention something I gather a Native American chief said to President Andrew Jackson (allegedly):

We do not inherit the land from our ancestors. We borrow it from our children.

I generally dislike pretentious sound bites, but I like that one. It fits with my suspicion that in years to come, today’s children are going to be a bit miffed with us baby boomers.

And it makes a change from Messrs Google (aka the New Establishment) trying to convince me that white and might are right and rebellion is reprehensible. They won’t, of course, but I’m tired of them trying. (The same source which gave me the ‘land’ quotation also said that Andrew Jackson referred to Native Americans as ‘vermin’. I don’t know whether that’s true or not, but it does fit the picture of the New Establishment.)

No comments: