Wednesday 29 January 2020

Staying Connected.

The issues are mounting. Four of them concern health, the rest are an odd miscellany of all sorts of things. My life is taking on the texture of a surreal novel in which creatures of varying degrees of nightmare leap from dark alleyways to ride on my shoulders. The weight is getting to me.

A few nights ago I lapsed into a strange state of consciousness for a few moments. I suddenly felt entirely disconnected from reality, as though I were an astronaut who had left the ship to take a space walk without a safety line. It was bizarre and a little worrying; I even wondered whether it might have been the start of a real psychosis. But no: in less than a minute I was back in the twilight zone of mere anxiety, depression and a sense of treading water until the cataract is reached.

Sorry for the whinge but I can’t think of anything else to write about.

(Actually I could if I really wanted to. I could write about the tall woman who I see in the coffee shop every Monday, and who has lately been in the habit of staring at me quite intensely between writing on a notepad and playing with a laptop. I could even jot a rare Lady B post because she told me something interesting today. But why bother? History isn’t quite the sounding board that it used to be.)

Am I exaggerating a little here? It’s a pointless question because only I can know.

Tonight I watched a film called Lucy. I liked it.

No comments: