Saturday, 15 August 2026

Observing the Maiden's Hair.

I was walking behind a young woman this morning whose hair swung from side to side, and I was fascinated by the extent to which such a visual feature captured my attention. It has to be the right length, of course. Too short or too long and the hair doesn't swing.

It further needs to be augmented by a slim and evenly proportioned body, an upright posture, legs which operate close together, feet which remain pointed forward through the whole of the stride, and hips which maintain a fixed and balanced position in the centre of the image. But the swinging hair remains the main point of attraction. Whether the same holds true from a frontal position I don't know. I suspect it would become invalid if she had two noses, for example.

(Am I old enough yet to offer this sort of observation without being buried under a metric ton of underripe bananas?)

No comments: