Tuesday, 25 August 2026

A Slight Change of Emphasis.

I'm endeavouring to see Donald Trump differently. He remains as undesirable as ever as he lumbers around farting his rancid, overblown ego into the face of anyone who disobeys or disagrees with him, but I'm trying to see him as a phenomenon.

I tell myself, you see, that I'm letting myself down by ignoring his ignorant and ignoble approach to the rest of humanity. I've long held the view that my role in this life is to observe and learn, and you can't do that by judging too harshly. So I should try hard to see D Trump as an Interesting Phenomenon.
 
I tell myself that he's probably mentally ill, and I tell myself that he usually fails in the end despite the bluster, lies, and empty rhetoric, and I tell myself that he will die one day anyway because everybody does. It helps a bit.

No comments: