Monday 16 September 2024

Trump and the Attempts.

This business of Trump and what the BBC is now choosing to call the apparent assassination plot is all a bit rum, isn’t it? You see, when I think about other notable – and rather worthier – Americans like JFK, RFK, and Martin Luther King, and how they met their end surely and certainly, I wonder how Trump manages to have a charmed life.

You see, I’m still wondering what kind of person or organisation would have the will to assassinate somebody, and yet be on the other side of the fence to Trump. It doesn’t seem natural, somehow, and so I’m wondering whether it might be:

1. A bungled attempt by NATO to stop Trump reneging on the deal and leaving the world to be carved up between the Russians and the Chinese.

2. A bungled attempt by the CIA to stop Trump pulling America through the gutter of world opinion again.

3. A simple case of the Devil protecting his own.

4. A carefully planned piece of theatre.

5. Something else entirely which I’m not devious enough even to imagine. (Please note the careful avoidance of a split infinitive just to prove I’m not American.)

I have no opinion.

No comments: