Monday 17 May 2021

Still Going Unnoticed.

I went outside today and saw that there was an emergency ambulance parked at the bottom of my garden. Since I’d had no reason to call them, I naturally concluded that the person in difficulty was one of the neighbours next door. Not being a particularly inquisitive sort, I carried on with the gardening which was my reason for going out there in the first place.

Eventually, the man from next door came down the path with the paramedics to be taken off to the Royal Derby Hospital for investigations. His wife told me that she must now address all the text queries she’d had from people in the area who had seen the ambulance and were concerned.

Now, the place where the ambulance was parked was ambiguous, by which I mean that it could have been visiting either house. In other words, it could just as easily have been me who was in need of urgent medical attention. So did I get any queries? No.

The neighbours have lived here for eleven months. I’ve been here for fifteen years, so maybe my reclusive tendency is finally paying dividends.

No comments: