Thursday 6 May 2021

On Clocks, Socks, and the May Delusion.

Remember last night’s post? Well, I didn’t wake up when the alarm went off this morning; I woke up when it went off a second time ten minutes later. The loss of ten minutes was the first of many minor stresses, but there’s only an hour left before today will be tomorrow (or yesterday depending on which way you look at it) and I’ve survived so far. But now I’m tired because I’ve been dragged out of wholesome slumber by a demented beeping tone emanating from a mobile phone two days in succession, and that’s an intrusion on my personal liberty.

I called in at Tesco on my way back from the city and bought some new socks. That was the most exciting thing I did today, and also the least stressful.

Meanwhile, the month of May continues to exhibit an identity crisis. It seems to be convinced that it’s early March, and I wish it would wake up like I was forced to do this morning. We had hail two days ago, sleet yesterday, and snow today. There’s nothing merry about snow unless you happen to be a skier, and who on earth would want to be one of those?

No comments: