Thursday 10 December 2020

Yet Another Message to the Regulars.

Some of the regulars out there (my Blogger stats indicates that there are regulars out there) might be wondering why I haven’t written anything to the blog for ten days. Well, I expect they already know because it’s a simple matter of ‘here we go again.’ Those same regulars will have noted, no doubt, that my life path frequently passes through dark, dank, dispiriting tunnels of varying lengths, and at such times I lose the will to do what I really want to do which is make blog posts.

This time is different. This time I’ve lost even the desire to make blog posts. The blog has come to seem irrelevant and therefore unimportant, which is a shame because it’s been my sole regular companion for nearly eleven years. It’s been my outlet for all the musings, observations, dark and light thoughts, general silliness, the relation of incidents interesting and uninteresting, grumbles galore, and all the other stuff which goes to make up the creature my consciousness is currently inhabiting. To lose it, therefore, would be a matter of some consequence.

But if it has to be, it has to be. Everything in the phenomenal universe is in a state of flux so why should my little blog be an exception? Then again, maybe it won’t. The fact is that I never quite know who I shall be the next time I emerge from one of the dank, dark, dispiriting tunnels. Maybe the urge to communicate will return and I will once again rise to take up the tools and verbal weapons necessary to do so. It might be tomorrow or next week or never. That’s all I can say. It’s called ‘going with the flow.’

But now I feel that I’m becoming too self-indulgent for my own comfort so I’m going to shut up. Do keep watching this space if you feel so disposed, or not if you don’t.

(And perhaps I should mention that two rather lovely horses came to greet me over the top of a field gate today. It was most gratifying, so now I have.)

No comments: