Monday 7 January 2013

Skype at the Tea Party.

I installed the latest version of Skype tonight, and I was just playing around with it to see whether it’s the same as it used to be. When I’d had enough I clicked the ‘close’ button to close it. That’s what the ‘close’ button is for, right?

It didn’t close, it just minimised onto the task bar. I went into the menu and selected ‘close’ from there. Same result. So then I went into the menu again and selected ‘sign off.’ Still there.

(There’s something odd going on here.)

I tried clicking on Skype in the programs list, and a flyout popped up which said ‘quit.’ I clicked ‘quit.’ That gave me a message which said ‘Are you sure you want to quit? If you do, you won’t be able to send or receive messages.’

Well… but… erm… If I wanted to send or receive messages, I wouldn’t be clicking f****** ‘quit,’ would I?!

Is there a Mad Hatter hanging around somewhere, because the matrix is looking awfully strange at the moment and I’m getting confused.

No comments: