Monday 19 December 2011

Letting off Steam.

I always like to make a blog post in the middle of the day. It sort of... rounds off lunchtime.

Today, however, my brain is a bit scrambled. Had a difficult morning – discussing car problems with the mechanic (he says it’s fixed again – for the fifth time!) keeping the breakdown insurers onside (’cos they’re a bit funny about covering temporary vehicles,) sorting out an account query (unsuccessfully,) going out in the rain frequently to drain the bird table which keeps flooding, being irritated by damn fool junk calls, wondering what on earth is going on with the Woman in America, and all the time being driven half insane by the almost constant barking, whining and howling of the dogs next door.

It’s getting to the point where I’ll need to talk to my neighbour about the dogs. I don’t want to because she’s had a tough year with two major bereavements and an enforced house move. Besides, I like dogs. I like her dogs. But how long do I go on having my concentration constantly thrown into disarray by the racket? It really is getting to me. Five minutes peace and then it starts again. We’ll see.

And on top of everything, I just missed Sarah, dammit. I was pulling the emptied wheelie bins back into position and she drove past, just when I was out of sight. I would have waved. Imagine that! The thrill of waving to Sarah. Christmas comes early. Mmm...

So, one way and another, that’s where I’m at right now. This will have to suffice for the midday post. Maybe a bit of bounce will return later, and further posts will go boing in a jolly way.

No comments: