The short story I jotted while my internet was dark has now been posted at the stories site here. It's the first short story I've written for nearly six years, so maybe the farmer and his runaway tractor (for such was what caused the destruction and seven-day internet hiatus) produced one positive result after all.
* * *
I had to buy a new set of printer cartridges today and it cost me £75. The last time I made such a purchase it only cost me £39. And back in the day -- not so very long ago -- when I had a printer which was just a printer and not the modern multi-function type, I used to buy pirated ink cartridges for £5 each. They worked perfectly. I think somebody is making a lot of money somewhere.
* * *
But at least I got to stroke a lovely Labrador/Retriever dog, and was reminded again that, for all the ills of the world, being approached by a dog with eyes which say 'will you be my friend please' (augmented by an active tail, of course) is still a substantial source of pleasure.

No comments:
Post a Comment