Monday 28 February 2022

Resuming Normal Service.

I said the blessings bestowed by the Angel in the Shoe Shop might be short-lived, didn’t I? Well, Dame Fortune came a-calling again today and demonstrated her ever-capricious nature by replacing her smile with a deep scowl which might have long term consequences.

Back down the rabbit hole.

Hello darkness, my old friend. (Copyright infringement intended.)

And the dream I had last night didn’t help. A very precious person gave me an affectionate hug while nobody was looking, by way of saying goodbye.

*  *  *

One of those self-styled YouTube gurus was giving me the lecture last night about how we create our own reality and can change it at will. I’ve heard it so many times before and I admit that it does have a whiff of the seemingly genuine about it, but they can’t know it, can they? They’re only saying it because somebody has said it to them or they’ve read it in a book, so I wish they’d stop telling me that all my difficulties are all my fault. Having switched it off and gone back to Home, I was suddenly inundated by a veritable horde of other self-styled gurus telling me that every time I see the numbers 11.11 I must not only take note, but take action. I assume I’m somehow attracting them to my reality (the self-styled gurus, that is, not the numbers.)

I’m mostly watching clips from the Lucy movie at the moment. The sight of a badass and highly attractive woman taking the bad guys down (and learning the secrets of life, the universe and everything in the process) is rather more tolerable than real people claiming to know the unknowable.

No comments: