Wednesday 16 October 2024

Choosing Weird.

I had a terrible afternoon today, trying to sort out three problems and failing miserably because of flawed systems and technology not doing what it’s supposed to do. That’s just modern times, of course, and I suppose I ought to be getting used to it by now. But I’m not. By the end of it I was mentally exhausted and reduced to pulling my hair out by the roots, so I went back to making my dinner which was spoiling because I’d spent too much time trying to sort out three problems and failing because… You get the picture.

And I discovered that the new coffee shop has opened in Ashbourne. I spent some time studying it from the outside and was far from impressed. In fact, I’d go further and say it’s pretty bloody awful. Badly designed in my opinion – poor choice of fittings and décor, overly bright and flat lighting, no atmosphere, nothing to give you a reason to be there. I won’t be bothered to try out the coffee. No point. Sticking with Costa which actually feels like a coffee shop. It’s the only one in Ashbourne that does.

I was wondering this morning why I feel a deep sense of dread every time I wake up. It’s a sort of ‘oh no, not another day to get through’ sort of feeling. I think I’m beginning to understand why.

Back to my Japanese novel now. It’s compellingly weird. I’m happy and relaxed with compellingly weird.

No comments: