Thursday 1 February 2024

Seeking Late Night Peace.

At around midnight last night the bucolic silence was punctured by a loud and unfamiliar sound seemingly emanating from just outside my office. Being sudden and unexpected, it disturbed me and I tried to describe it to myself. That was difficult, so instead I tried to visualise what would make such a noise. That was easier; my first impression was of a grizzly bear clearing its throat – loud, deep, harsh, guttural. It lasted about a second.

Intrigued, I went to the window and looked out, but could see nothing in the darkness beyond the panes save for the old enamel sink which is now a repository for spring and summer flowers. And then it occurred to me that something ugly and not of this world might suddenly appear and look back at me through the fragile window glass. I didn’t relish the prospect, and so I went back to my computer and watched a YouTube video instead. It was about the perils which a person might encounter while engaged in the practice of raising their vibrational rate.

Some of that was a bit scary too, so I changed my mind again and listened to Sheila Chandra singing the Hindi version of Wings of Dawn. Peace and the prospect of pleasant dreams at last. I think I would quite like to go out to this song, and maybe then somebody will be able to tell me just what was impersonating a grizzly bear in my garden at precisely the start of Imbolc 2024.

The song is here if you’ve got four minutes to spare.

No comments: