Saturday 10 February 2024

A Wish Granted and Walking Notes.

I wrote this in a recent post:

I must look at my inbox upwards of a hundred times a day, waiting for the email which will drop a spark into the tinder box. Sad, isn’t it?

This situation has pertained for a long time, but last night an unexpected email dropped a spark into the tinder box. How long the tinder will continue to smoulder remains to be seen, and it really, really doesn’t matter anyway. I insist upon that.

*  *  *

Today’s perambulatory encounters consisted entirely of women with dogs and women on horseback. I recognised precisely 20% of the combined mass of sentient creatures, and wished I weren’t the type who feels obliged to speak to random strangers in country lanes.

*  *  *

I found a brand new dog lead lying abandoned on Church Lane this morning. It was a choker type, which I don’t entirely approve of, but it was very smart and probably quite expensive. So who on earth drops such an article on the road and leaves it there?

*  *  *

The abandoned dog lead contained a certain circumstantial connection with the sadder part of last night’s email. Coincidentally, I watched a YouTube video two nights ago in which the narrator explained Jung’s theory on the phenomenon of synchronicity. He said that it’s simply the universal mind demonstrating the patterns which suffuse existence and the interconnectedness of everything. And maybe it is.

*  *  *

My friend Millie the Horse has developed the habit of watching me when I walk down the lane adjacent to her field. She looks expectant, so I always feel sad and guilty if I don’t have an apple in my pocket (which I usually don’t.)

*  *  *

The bluebottles are back, but only two so far.

No comments: