Thursday 23 November 2023

Progress.

Blogger Stats seeks to inform me that I’m currently receiving a very large number of visitors from two untypical sources – quite a lot from Finland and a veritable tsunami from Germany. Why?

Well, I suppose the Finns might be visiting since I imagine they only get about four hours of daylight at this time of year (and I really do sympathise with them for that) and they’re probably tired of playing solitaire and sitting in saunas. But why the Germans? They must have about the same day length as we do, and there must be plenty of interesting things to do in Germany, so why 648 visits in half an hour?

Maybe they’re just checking that we Brits are not all comatose, or become zombies shuffling along shabby streets with tattered clothes and empty heads, since we left the EU. Maybe that’s it. Rest assured, Teutonic chums, such a movement is afoot over here courtesy of Tory government policies, but at the moment it’s largely confined to people who drive Audi A4s.

(That was a British-style joke.)

*  *  *

Meanwhile, I might report that today I finally did a job I’ve been dreading for several weeks. And then just as I was feeling lighter and able to see beyond the barrier of the-thing-I-was-dreading, along came an email to produce another reason to feel anxious. Such is life and it’s nearly winter.

No comments: