Monday 7 August 2023

Considering the Beetle Conundrum.

Over the past few days I’ve been surprised by the number of beetles I’m seeing crossing the road in front of me. It’s always been normal to see the occasional one – I’ve referenced it a few times on the blog – but recently there have been very many more than usual. Everywhere I walk I see single beetles scurrying across the tarmac, and so I’ve naturally taken to wondering why that should be.

My first thought was to wonder whether there’s some sort of event happening in the beetle world – you know, something like the Glastonbury Festival or the football World Cup. That seemed silly, so then I took to wondering whether it’s the good old universe sending me a message again. That might or might not be even sillier depending on your attitude to such matters, but I Googled the seeing of black beetles in folklore anyway just because I had nothing better to do.

By and large the news was good. The seeing of black beetles is significant in several ways, apparently, mostly along the lines of signifying spiritual rebirth, resilience in troubling situations (and oh my giddy aunt, do I need some of that), and embracing change as a factor for good. But then the website from which I gleaned this encouraging information had a large panel entitled:

Five Facts About: The Spiritual Meaning of Black Beetles, followed by bullet points outlining five facts about the spiritual meaning of bees. Makes you wonder why we bothered to invent the internet, doesn’t it?

No comments: